Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Dick Brooks <di...@8760.com> on 2001/04/14 15:52:09 UTC

FW: SOAP implementation for Vienna?

As many of you may be aware the ebXML Message Service was revised in
February to use SOAP. Some ebXML implementers
are attempting to use Apache SOAP within their ebXML implementations. The
following e-mail from NTT lists some problems encountered using Apache SOAP
for ebXML MS. I'll be happy to relay any responses from this list to
ebXML-transport list.

Note, there are approximately 20 vendors developing a ebXML Message Service
product, this seems to be a good opportunity for cooperation between the two
communities.

Thanks,

Dick Brooks (ebXML liaison to W3C XML Protocol Activity)
http://www.8760.com/

From: "Krishna Sankar" <ks...@cisco.com>
To: "jacques durand" <ja...@savvion.com>; <eb...@lists.ebxml.org>

> 1. User Apache/SOAP and capture the XML document via a facade pattern and
> then process it as you wish.
> 2. With Axis, one can register handlers and then the handlers will get the
> document and a context.
> 3. Process the XML document from an HTTP POST
> Options 2 and 3 are more flexible, but #1 might be faster. I don't know if
> anyone has done #1 with an ebXML TRP 0.98  document yet. I am working on
> and #3 ;-0. As the Axis project is still in it's infancy, #3 gives us some
> flexibility.

Now , I 'm implementing MSH for TR&P v0.98b using tomcat and Apache/SOAP
v2.1.
I encountered some problems as follows.

1. Apache SOAP's MessageRouterServlet (also RPCRouterServlet) would route
the class for processing by means of  SOAP-ENV:Body's first child element.
EBXML's message may not have a child node in SOAP-ENV:Body ,then we can't
use MessageRouterServlet class.

2.There is something wrong with Apache SOAP's envelope marshalling.
The namespaces declared in <SOAP-ENV:Envelope> don't affect the child
elements in <SOAP-ENV:Header>.

3. EBXML message is always "multipart/related" MIME message if it includes
attachments or not.
SOAPContext's writeTo method makes it be a "multipart/related" message only
if it includes attachments.

4. not good support for both syncronous and asynchronous message exchange.

I  had to solve some other minute problems related with  Apache/SOAP. Using
Apache SOAP might not be faster than using other implementation. :-(