Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com> on 2009/11/11 00:12:00 UTC

Re: understanding how solr/lucene handles a select query (to analyze where solr/lucene is taking time )

Hi,

I don't think there is anything inside Lucene/Solr that will give you granular timing information.  The only thing I can think of is using &debugQuery=true and looking at timing info for different search components.

You're better off using a profiler, though such slow queries tend to be the result of some bad setup (config, JVM...)

 Otis
--
Sematext is hiring -- http://sematext.com/about/jobs.html?mls
Lucene, Solr, Nutch, Katta, Hadoop, HBase, UIMA, NLP, NER, IR