Posted to cli-dev@httpd.apache.org by Jeff White <jl...@earthlink.net> on 2004/12/12 22:31:15 UTC

Seen the first

I have just seen the first
mod_aspdotnet post on
Microsoft's newsgroups:

<quote>

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
Subject: ASP.NET with Apache
Date: 11 Dec 2004 03:28:19 -0800

Hi all!

I just got asp.net to work on apache, with mod_aspdotnet :))

.NET 1.1 works directly without any serious problem.

.NET 2.0.40903 (october preview):

1."C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.40903" must be added into
apache's path, otherwise apache can't find aspnet_isapi.dll

2.The "Src" attribute in @Page and @Control may cause a weird
compilation error ("type .... defined in an assembly that is not
referenced"). However compiled code-behind works well.
Cheers!

</quote>

You might as well let all know now?

Jeff

Re: Seen the first

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
At 08:47 PM 12/12/2004, Tonko Juricic wrote:
>--- Jeff White <jl...@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>> I have just seen the first
>> mod_aspdotnet post on
>> Microsoft's newsgroups:
>
>Confusion reigns! :(
>
>I was under impression that, lacking xml config file,
>assembly runs on runtime version for which it was
>compiled ?!

Mostly.  Note we load the now-current runtime on the machine;

    hr = GetCORVersion(wAspNetPath, sizeof(wAspNetPath)
                                     / sizeof(WCHAR) - 1, &len);
    if (FAILED(hr)) {
        wAspNetPath[len] = L'\0';
        ap_log_error(APLOG_MARK, APLOG_ERR, APR_FROM_OS_ERROR(hr), NULL,
                     "mod_aspdotnet: GetCORVersion failed to return "
                     "the .NET CLR engine version.");
        _com_raise_error(hr);
    }

    hr = CorBindToRuntimeEx(wAspNetPath,
                            L"svr",  // Or "wks"
                            STARTUP_LOADER_OPTIMIZATION_MULTI_DOMAIN_HOST |
                            STARTUP_CONCURRENT_GC,
                            CLSID_CorRuntimeHost,
                            IID_ICorRuntimeHost,
                            (void **)&global_conf->pCorRuntime);

and pick up and invoke the current CorRuntime when loading our
.NET space into the Apache.exe process.

Bill

Re: More dirty tricks (VC 8 and Framework 2.0.40607)

Posted by Tonko Juricic <to...@yahoo.com>.
--- "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
wrote:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/visualc/default.aspx?pull=/library/en-us/dnvs05/html/bakerdozen.asp

> Thought that might get some other's attention, I
> can't delve until sometime over the new year
> holiday.

Gasp...choke.. Jezus! This is getting worse and worse!

Though, I have to admit that String * syntax was
confusing. You had to remember: this is capital S
String.

AFAIC, I am glad that there are no immediate grave
dangers to running aspx under Apache and wish
everybody merry holidays...I'm going to take a break
too.

Tony

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: More dirty tricks (VC 8 and Framework 2.0.40607)

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
At 06:15 PM 12/12/2004, Tonko Juricic wrote:
>>From what I could find on the Web, it is questionable
>if managed C++ will support jagged arrays.

IIUC - Managed VC++ 7.0 did not (I spent days beating my head
against this unyielding wall.)  I have heard and been told that
it did in fact support jaggy arrays VC 7.1 and later.

Note that VS studio 2005 - many, many things have changed;

Re: Seen the first

Posted by Tonko Juricic <to...@yahoo.com>.
--- Jeff White <jl...@earthlink.net> wrote:

> I have just seen the first
> mod_aspdotnet post on
> Microsoft's newsgroups:

Confusion reigns! :(

I was under impression that, lacking xml config file,
assembly runs on runtime version for which it was
compiled ?!

Thus, whether you have installed runtimes 1.2.x or 2.x
shouldn't really matter for Apache.Web/mod_aspdotnet
compiled for runtime 1.1.

Compiling with VC8 and Framework SDK 2.x ILDASM shows
this to me:

// Metadata version: v2.0.40607
.module extern Apache.Web.Helpers.netmodule
.module extern $MOR$2
.assembly extern mscorlib
{
.publickeytoken = (B7 7A 5C 56 19 34 E0 89 )
.hash = (6E 43 AC 43 60 3B 33 13 B1 18 3F 52 E8
.ver 2:0:3600:0
}

so I would assume this Apache.Web assembly is running
on runtime version 2.

?

Tony

http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250

Re: More dirty tricks (VC 8 and Framework 2.0.40607)

Posted by Jeff White <jl...@earthlink.net>.
From: "Tonko Juricic"

> public class CSWorkerRequest :
> System.Web.Hosting.SimpleWorkerRequest
> {

I said a long time ago,
for .NET 1.1 just load
the CLR then load all
assemblies from there...

Jeff

More dirty tricks (VC 8 and Framework 2.0.40607)

Posted by Tonko Juricic <to...@yahoo.com>.
>From what I could find on the Web, it is questionable
if managed C++ will support jagged arrays.

VC8 simply won't compile managed C++ method returning
String[][].

So I tried the following quick and dirty trick which
worked on my machine:

_gcA_gcA_gcString.cs now has a new class:

public class CSWorkerRequest :
System.Web.Hosting.SimpleWorkerRequest
{
  protected _gcA_gcA_gcString unk_req_hdr_arr;

 public CSWorkerRequest( String page, String query,
System.IO.TextWriter output ) :
base(page,query,output)
 {
 }

 public override String[][] GetUnknownRequestHeaders()
 {
   return unk_req_hdr_arr.Value();
 }
}

WorkerRequest.h loses

virtual String __gc * GetUnknownRequestHeaders(void)
__gc[]__gc[] method

and

_gcA_gcA_gcString *unk_req_hdr_arr;

member and is derived from CSWorkerRequest.

Tony

http://mail.yahoo.com