Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Tom Lawson <to...@tomlawson.io.INVALID> on 2022/04/27 20:00:33 UTC

Guacamole SSL/MySQL schema changes?

Hi all,

Did something change with Guac? For two weeks (on and off in spare time!) now I've tried to figure out why Guacamole can't connect to Guacd, where it was previously working just fine. I can't seem to even disable the requirement for SSL....

Guacamole:
19:54:35.187 [http-nio-8080-exec-10] ERROR o.a.g.s.GuacamoleHTTPTunnelServlet - HTTP tunnel request failed: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Remote host terminated the handshake

No SSL config is specified in guacamole.properties anymore.

Guacd:
guacd[7]: ERROR:        Guacamole protocol violation. Perhaps the version of guacamole-client is incompatible with this version of guacd?
guacd[7]: DEBUG:        Error reading "select": Instruction parse error

No SSL certs are specified in guacd.conf

Both containers are the official 'latest' tagged containers. I am using MySQL as the database backend. Was there a shift in schema or something? Deleting the container images and repulling them achieves nothing.

Would really appreciate some help as I use Guacamole for accessing my virtual PC when in different places and it sucks having to carry a laptop instead.

Cheers,
Tom

Re: Guacamole SSL/MySQL schema changes?

Posted by Michael Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Apr 27, 2022 at 1:00 PM Tom Lawson <to...@tomlawson.io.invalid> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Did something change with Guac? For two weeks (on and off in spare time!)
> now I've tried to figure out why Guacamole can't connect to Guacd, where it
> was previously working just fine. I can't seem to even disable the
> requirement for SSL....

No, nothing has changed regarding SSL.

The SQL schema has no impact on whether SSL is used, but also has not
changed. The SQL schema has actually not changed since 1.0.0.

Guacamole:
> 19:54:35.187 [http-nio-8080-exec-10] ERROR
> o.a.g.s.GuacamoleHTTPTunnelServlet - HTTP tunnel request failed:
> javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Remote host terminated the handshake
>
> No SSL config is specified in guacamole.properties anymore.

It was specified previously?

What environment variables are you currently setting for the
"guacamole/guacamole" Docker image? Did you make changes to
guacamole.properties through any means other than the Docker image's
standard environment variables?

Guacd:
> guacd[7]: ERROR:        Guacamole protocol violation. Perhaps the version
> of guacamole-client is incompatible with this version of guacd?
> guacd[7]: DEBUG:        Error reading "select": Instruction parse error
>
> No SSL certs are specified in guacd.conf

Check your connection parameters in the UI. It's possible to override these
settings on a per-connection basis.

- Mike