Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Max Rudman <mr...@steelbrick.com> on 2005/11/06 20:55:52 UTC

Oracle patch fro 2.0

Hi Dave,

Sorry for a long delay in getting this to you -- I got busy at the
day job. At any rate, attached is the patch for Oracle compatibility
and db_oracle.properties file. Here are the two main changes I had to
make:

1) Updated createdb-raw.sql to change 'comment' table to
'blogcomment' and 'roller_audit_log.comment' column to 'comment_text'
column. The reason for these is that 'comment' is a reserved word in
Oracle 10g. I also updated XDoclet tags in the appropriate POJOs to
have the above cahnages reflected in Hibernate mapping files.

2) Added an Oracle "if" clause to the
HibernateRefererManagerImpl.getDaysPopularWebsites method which runs
the JDBC-based query.

There are also a few miscellaneous changes to the config files
(build.xml, hibernate.cfg.xml) for obvious reasons. Please review and
let me know if you have any questions.

I've tested the parts where I made changes against Oracle 10g Release
2 on Windows. We've also had the app based on Roller code running in
production against Oracle for some time now. However, it only uses a
subset of Roller functionality so I am not sure about more obscure
parts of the codebase.

Max

Re: Oracle patch fro 2.0

Posted by Allen Gilliland <Al...@Sun.COM>.
i thought we were okay with table names, i thought the problem was index
and foreign key names?

we already have a table name  which is longer ...
"roller_user_permissions", which supposedly you've already tested and
okayed for derby/db2?

-- Allen

Re: Oracle patch fro 2.0

Posted by Elias Torres <el...@torrez.us>.

Re: Oracle patch fro 2.0

Posted by paksegu <pa...@yahoo.com>.
How about naming it as rollerComments that should will do for all various databases

Ransford Segu-Baffoe

paksegu@yahoo.com
paksegu@noqturnalmediasystems.com

http://www.noqturnalmediasystems.com/

---------------------------------

Re: Oracle patch fro 2.0

Posted by Allen Gilliland <Al...@Sun.COM>.

Re: Oracle patch fro 2.0

Posted by Dave Johnson <da...@rollerweblogger.org>.
On Nov 8, 2005, at 10:43 AM, Elias Torres wrote:
> I'm on ok with sneaking the patch, but there's so much churn in the
> codebase and I feel I have not been spending enough time testing the
> codebase (at least DB compat testing with Derby/DB2). Maybe a heads up
> with enough time for me to do some final testing would be much
> appreciated.

We've been 2.0 running in production (at more than one site) for a
couple of weeks now, so we've been trying to restrict our changes in
the trunk to critical fixes. The one exception to that was the
"intermittent null" fix, we had to turn off class-level lazy-loading in
Hibernate and do some refactoring in the POJO setData(), equals() and
copy constructors to fix that.

We definitely don't want to do a release until we're all comfortable
with the code base. I thought we were getting real close, that's why I
called for a vote.

- Dave

Re: Oracle patch fro 2.0

Posted by Elias Torres <el...@torrez.us>.