Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by "Graaf, Edgar de (fin)" <Ed...@ordina.nl> on 2002/03/27 14:52:43 UTC

WAV & IBM VoiceServer SDK & Cocoon

I use WAV files in voicexml. This vxml is produced with the help of cocoon.
The wav files are read with a reader (map:read) with a mime-type
audio/x-wav.

When I use wav files from a directory outside Cocoon everything goes fine.
But when I use the wav files via cocoon (the reader) 3 out of 5 I get a
complained.

The voice server says:
W: javax.sound.sampled.UnsupportedAudioFileException: could not get audio
inputstream from input stream

Can anyone tell me what it could be?

Thanks,

Edgar

Re: WAV & IBM VoiceServer SDK & Cocoon

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@anyware-tech.com>.
Graaf, Edgar de (fin) wrote:

>I use WAV files in voicexml. This vxml is produced with the help of cocoon.
>The wav files are read with a reader (map:read) with a mime-type
>audio/x-wav.
>
>When I use wav files from a directory outside Cocoon everything goes fine.
>But when I use the wav files via cocoon (the reader) 3 out of 5 I get a
>complained.
>
>The voice server says:
>W: javax.sound.sampled.UnsupportedAudioFileException: could not get audio
>inputstream from input stream
>
>Can anyone tell me what it could be?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Edgar

Which version of Cocoon are you using ? Up to 2.0.1, the ResourceReader
was not setting the content-length header. Could this be related ?

Also I noticed that ResourceReader adds the "Accept-Ranges: bytes"
header. What is this used for since the reader always sends the whole
content ? Can't this confuse some http clients ?

Sylvain

--
Sylvain Wallez

RE: WAV & IBM VoiceServer SDK & Cocoon

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
The javax.sound. classes are most likely not threadsafe.