Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Qian Zhang <zh...@gmail.com> on 2016/01/07 15:11:46 UTC

[MESOS-4027] Improve task-node affinity

Hi Folks,

Chris created a JIRA ticket:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MESOS-4027 for improving task-node
affinity. Basically I think the user story in this ticket is pretty clear:
There are some existing tasks running in some Mesos agents, and a framework
wants to launch a new task, and it may want this new task running on the
same agent node with the existing task (affinity) or different agent node
(anti-affinity).

Chris and I had some discussion in the ticket, and I also put my initial
ideas there. However before we start to proceed this ticket, I'd like to
get some feedback from community, do you guys think this is something that
is worthy to do in Mesos? Please feel free to let me know for any comments
/ suggestions, thanks!

Qian

Re: [MESOS-4027] Improve task-node affinity

Posted by tommy xiao <xi...@gmail.com>.
interesting topic

--
Deshi Xiao