Posted to pluto-dev@portals.apache.org by avin98 <av...@yahoo.com> on 2006/04/05 01:29:06 UTC

Pluto 1.1 - Official Release

Hi,

I'd like to know is there a roadmap for Pluto 1.1 Official Release ? I've
heard that Pluto 1.1 is going to be Sun Compliant, but haven't seen anything
official posted on the pluto website.

Any updates regarding the release ?
Sent from the Pluto - Dev forum at Nabble.com.

Re: Pluto 1.1 - Official Release

Posted by Craig Doremus <cr...@maine.com>.
avin98 wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'd like to know is there a roadmap for Pluto 1.1 Official Release ? I've
>heard that Pluto 1.1 is going to be Sun Compliant, but haven't seen anything
>official posted on the pluto website.
>
>Any updates regarding the release ?
>--
>Sent from the Pluto - Dev forum at Nabble.com.

We all are volunteers here at Pluto, and right now we only have three
active committers, so our 1.1 roadmap can be characterized by the phrase
"When we get around to it."

That being said (and excusing its flippancy), we are in the process of
preparing a Pluto 1.1 beta release. The current build passes all the TCK
tests, so it can be viewed as a valid implementation for testing JSR-168
compliant portlets. There are a couple of things that we could use help
on - see the Jira issue tracker for details. The most pressing one at
this time is a Maven 2 plugin for bundling the source distribution. We
could also use some help with documentation.

So if you are anxious for the Pluto 1.1 release, please consider helping
us because we are anxious too. We need to get Pluto 1.1 out the door and
start moving toward the Reference Implementation of JSR-286 (Portlet
2.0), which we hope will be based on Pluto 1.1.