Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Eric Douglas <ed...@blockhouse.com> on 2011/05/09 21:51:02 UTC

Can you mix page values in the same report?

Am I missing something?  Is there a way to pass the page parameters as
variables?
I have an fo:flow nested inside a fo:page-sequence tag.
The fo:page-sequence has a master-reference attribute which points to a
master-name attribute of a fo:simple-page-master tag.
The fo:simple-page-master has all the page attributes
(reference-orientation, margin-right, etc).
The fo:flow tag processes pages from the xml with an xsl:for-each tag.
Within the for-each loop new pages are generated with fo:block having a
break-before="page" attribute.
Is there any way to pass in variable values, to for instance say a 10
page report should have page 2 rotated 90 degrees?
I tried specifying different values within xml tags under the tags being
processed by the for-each, but with conditional attributes set up in the
simple-page-master to look for these values, all pages come out the
same.

Re: Can you mix page values in the same report?

Posted by "Andreas L. Delmelle" <an...@telenet.be>.
On 09 May 2011, at 21:51, Eric Douglas wrote:

Hi Eric

> Am I missing something?  Is there a way to pass the page parameters as variables?
> I have an fo:flow nested inside a fo:page-sequence tag.
> The fo:page-sequence has a master-reference attribute which points to a master-name attribute of a fo:simple-page-master tag.
> <snip />
> Is there any way to pass in variable values, to for instance say a 10 page report should have page 2 rotated 90 degrees?

Yep, I think you're missing something... a quite useful core feature, no less.

Take a look at fo:page-sequence-master[*], whose name can also be used for the master-reference. This allows you to go so far as specifying a separate, different simple-page-master for each and every page, or just use a different one for the first/last page or for odd/even pages, or for 'filler' blank pages that would be triggered by force-page-count, etc.

[*] http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/#fo_page-sequence-master

Hope this helps!

Regards

Andreas