Posted to users@camel.apache.org by "Gershaw, Geoffrey" <ge...@credit-suisse.com> on 2013/01/14 15:58:01 UTC

Route Dependency in XML DSL

Hello Camel Riders,

I have a route that I would like to start once another route is
finished.  I know I could change the jpa component into a custom bean,
but I want to do it the camel way J. I would essentially like to start
Route B From A.  IF they both start at the same time, the world may end

Thanks

<route id ="A">

                <from uri="quickfix:config" />

                                <!-- On login, create MD Request -->

                                <filter>

                                <simple>${header.EventCategory} ==
'SessionLogon'</simple>

                </filter>

</route>

<route id="B">

                <from
uri="jpa://{{app.jpa.cdx.entity}}?consumeDelete=false&consumer.query={{a
pp.sql.included.cds}}" />

                                <bean ref="SecDefinitionFactory"
method="create"/>

                                <bean ref="MarketDataRequestFactory"
method="create"/>

<to uri="quickfix:config?....." />

</route>

Geoffrey A Gershaw

CREDIT SUISSE

Information Technology | Credit eTrading Development, KFVB 525

7033 Louis Stephens Drive | 27560 Research Triangle Park | United States

Phone +1 919 994 6412

geoffrey.gershaw@credit-suisse.com | www.credit-suisse.com
<http://www.credit-suisse.com/>

Re: Route Dependency in XML DSL

Posted by Maruan Sahyoun <sa...@fileaffairs.de>.
sorry - I missed the XML prerequisite.

would it be an option to connect route A to B using a direct endpoint e.g.:

<route id ="A">
	<from uri="quickfix:config" />
		 <!-- On login, create MD Request -->
			<filter>
				<simple>${header.EventCategory} =='SessionLogon'</simple>
	               </filter>
	<to uri="direct-vm:route-b"/>
</route>

<route id="B">
	<from uri="direct-vm:route-b"/>
	<to uri="jpa://{{app.jpa.cdx.entity}}?consumeDelete=false&consumer.query={{app.sql.included.cds}}" />
		<bean ref="SecDefinitionFactory" method="create"/>
		<bean ref="MarketDataRequestFactory" method="create"/>
	<to uri="quickfix:config?....." />
</route>

Maruan Sahyoun

Posted by Łukasz Dywicki <lu...@code-house.org>.
Hey Gershaw,
You have couple options here:
1) use specific route order to keep precedence. Camel starts routes from first to last
2) disable auto startup of routes by using autoStartup=false for route element
3) use initial delay for consumers to hang first poll of the resource - for JPA it will be consumer.initialDelay

Cheers,
--
Łukasz Dywicki
luke@code-house.org

Wiadomość napisana przez Gershaw, Geoffrey w dniu 14 sty 2013, o godz. 19:55:

Posted by "Gershaw, Geoffrey" <ge...@credit-suisse.com>.

=======

Posted by Maruan Sahyoun <sa...@fileaffairs.de>.
Hi,