Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Data Craftsman <da...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/26 20:33:38 UTC

Server side scripting support in Cassandra - go Python !

Howdy,

Some Polyglot Persistence(NoSQL) products started support server side
scripting, similar to RDBMS store procedure.
E.g. Redis Lua scripting.

I wish it is Python when Cassandra has the server side scripting feature.

FYI,

http://antirez.com/post/250

http://nosql.mypopescu.com/post/19949274021/alchemydb-an-integrated-graphdb-rdbms-kv-store

"server side scripting support is an extremely powerful tool. Having
processing close to data (i.e. data locality) is a well known
advantage, ..., it can open the doors to completely new features."

Thanks,

Charlie (@mujiang) 一个 木匠
=======
Data Architect Developer
http://mujiang.blogspot.com

Re: Server side scripting support in Cassandra - go Python !

Posted by Data Craftsman <da...@gmail.com>.
Just like the Oracle Store Procedure.