Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Konstantin Kivi <ko...@sirena2000.ru> on 2001/04/06 14:33:24 UTC

DTest: setValue(null) failed [was compiling on DYNIX/ptx]

Hello All

On Fri, Apr 06, 2001 at 02:46:08PM +0400, konst wrote:

> DTest failed in the following way :
>
> konst@[numa]://...bin>./DTest
> Warning!!! DOM_Attr's 'setValue' to 'null' method failed to work properly!
>
> *****The DOM_Attr method calls listed above failed, all others worked correctly.*****
> Warning!!! DOM_Attr's 'setValue' to 'null' method failed to work properly!
>
> *****The DOM_Attr method calls listed above failed, all others worked correctly.*****

I think I found a bug in AttrImpl::setValue in src/dom/AttrImpl.cpp.
If its argument is an empty string (one that constructed
by DOMString(0)) than it does nothing and
attribute retains its previos value (in case of DTest it is "Reset Value")

The bug is clear from the source code.

Again, I have xerces-c1_4
my OS is DYNIX/ptx numa 4.0 V4.4.7 i386
with gcc 2.95.3
but I think it doesn't matter

I will appreciate an answer from  authors, as
I am not sure that I understood everything right.

--
Sincerely Yours, Konstantin Kivi, Russia, konst@sirena2000.ru

RE: Oracle OCI and Xerces

Posted by Olivier Vanekem <ol...@yucom.be>.