Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Ben Hyde <bh...@gensym.com> on 1998/02/02 17:01:35 UTC

Help me? The build isn't working.

Trouble with the automated build, ever since the switch from apachen to
apache-1.3.  I presumed it was the ovious reason, but now that I've looked into
the matter an apparently this line is failing and I'm at a loss to see why.

For example if I do:

lynx -source http://dev.apache.org/from-cvs/apache_19980202080021.tar.gz
   | gzip --decompress
   | tar -xvf -

The stuff fetched seems just fine, but $status afterwards is 32781
aka 1000000000001101.,  1101 is 13, or EACCESS.  The tar shows no
sign of permission troubles.

My automation packs it in if the status goes non-zero - so the build fails.

What adds to the perversity is that this happens only about 80% of the time.  So
I am getting builds from time to time.  Does anybody have a clever idea what I
might do to shake out this mystery?

  - ben h.

Re: Help me? The build isn't working.

Posted by Doug MacEachern <do...@telebusiness.co.nz>.
This script will fetch the latest tarball in from-cvs/ and unpack it in $dir
I posted it a few months ago, maybe it should be made available somewhere on
dev.apache.org?

-Doug

#!/opt/perl5/bin/perl -w

use strict;
use URI::URL ();
use HTML::LinkExtor ();
use LWP::Simple;
use File::Path;

my $dir = shift || "/tmp/apache_1.3-dev";
my $cvs = "http://dev.apache.org/from-cvs/";

rmtree $dir;
mkpath $dir, 0755;

chdir $dir;

my $p = HTML::LinkExtor->new(\&cb, $cvs);
my $cnt;

sub cb {
    my($tag, %links) = @_;
    return unless exists $links{href} and $links{href} =~ /apache_/;
    return unless ++$cnt == 4;

    my $file = URI::URL->new($links{href})->rel;
    warn "mirror $links{href} => $file\n";

    mirror $links{href} => $file;
    system "gunzip < $file | tar -xvf -";
    unlink $file;
}

$p->parse(get $cvs);

Re: Help me? The build isn't working.

Posted by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org>.
I've had random problems with lynx -source ... not enough to stop me from
using it... but still.  Maybe ncftp and fetch it via ftp?
ftp://dev.apache.org/httpd/from-cvs/

Is this a BSDI box?  I've never been happy with tar on BSDI boxes, it
seems to complain when things are really correct.  I never tracked down
exact circumstances though.

Your command doesn't generate any errors for me... but I'm on a linux box.

Dean