Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Brian Jeltema <br...@digitalenvoy.net> on 2014/06/23 18:14:24 UTC

hive/hbase integration

I’m running Hive 0.12 on Hadoop V2 (Ambari installation) and have been trying to use HBase integration. Hive generated Map/Reduce jobs
are failing with:

   Error: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.mapreduce.TableSplit

this is discussed in several discussion threads, but I there are so many different distributions, bugs, and versions involved
that it’s difficult to find the correct solution.

Can someone suggest the correct fix (or approach to a fix) for this configuration?

Thanks
Brian

Re: hive/hbase integration

Posted by Brian Jeltema <br...@digitalenvoy.net>.
This did work, though specifying the same list in the HIVE_AUX_JARS_PATH environment variable
or in a ‘set hive.aux.jars.path’ command does not work.

Thanks, I can work with this.

Brian

Re: hive/hbase integration

Posted by D K <de...@gmail.com>.

Re: hive/hbase integration

Posted by Andre Araujo <ar...@pythian.com>.
Brian,

I'm successfully using Hive/Hbase integration on CDH5 (Hive 0.12.0 and
Hbase 0.96.1)
Can you explain your setup and configuration in details?

Cheers,
Andre'

--
André Araújo
Big Data Consultant/Solutions Architect

Office (calls from within Australia): 1300 366 021 x1270
Office (international): +61 2 8016 7000  x270 *OR* +1 613 565 8696   x1270
Mobile: +61 410 323 559
Fax: +61 2 9805 0544
IM: pythianaraujo @ AIM/MSN/Y! or araujo@pythian.com @ GTalk

“Success is not about standing at the top, it's the steps you leave behind.”
— Iker Pou (rock climber)