Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Blake McBride <bl...@gmail.com> on 2023/03/25 14:16:53 UTC

Requirements to support HTTPS

Greetings,

I wanted to confirm my suspicions regarding packages needed in tomcat to
support HTTPS.

The config I am using is:

<Connector port="443"

               protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Nio2Protocol"

              sslImplementationName="org.apache.tomcat.util.net.openssl.OpenSSLImplementation"

My suspicion is:

OpenSSL - needed
APR - needed
Tomcat-native - not needed

Is that correct?

Thank you!

Blake McBride

Re: Requirements to support HTTPS

Posted by Kevin Huntly <km...@gmail.com>.
idk I went overboard and made my own CA and signed some certs lol

Posted by Blake McBride <bl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chris,

Thanks for the response!  However, I think what I am experiencing and what
you are saying are at odds.

I have native installed, but it is the wrong version and doesn't work with
my tomcat.  So, essentially, it's not installed.  (Unless the new protocol
I am using just doesn't use the problem areas of native.)

When I switched to the configuration shown, it worked.  I assume it's not
using native because of the trouble I had before.

So, are you sure I need native with the config I show?

Thanks a lot!

Blake

On Sat, Mar 25, 2023 at 12:54 PM Christopher Schultz <

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.
Blake,

Posted by Blake McBride <bl...@gmail.com>.
Perfect.  Thanks, Mark!