Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Manfred Baedke <ma...@greenbytes.de> on 2008/09/23 22:27:57 UTC

Item.getPath() returns wrong values on shared nodes

Hi,

currently I am working on the integration of WebDAV binding extensions
into |org.apache.jackrabbit.webdav.simple.SimpleWebdavServlet|, using
the shareable node feature of jsr-283.
The implementation of the BIND method was straightforward and worked as
expected, but I noticed that sometimes DELETE removed the wrong binding.
It turned out that  |org.apache.jackrabbit.core.NodeImpl.removeShare()|
did not remove the node itself, but instead another node from the same
shared set. Apparently the methods |ItemImpl.getPath()| and
|ItemImpl.getPrimaryPath()| have unexpected results in these cases.
The following testcase illustrates the issue if included into the test
class |org.apache.jackrabbit.core.ShareableNodeTest|:

/**
 * Verify that shared nodes return correct paths.
 */
public void testPath() throws Exception {
    Node a1 = testRootNode.addNode("a1");
    Node a2 = a1.addNode("a2");
    Node b1 = a1.addNode("b1");
    b1.addMixin("mix:shareable");
    testRootNode.save();

    //now we have a shareable node N with path a1/b1

    Session session = testRootNode.getSession();
    Workspace workspace = session.getWorkspace();
    String path = a2.getPath() + "/b2";
    workspace.clone(workspace.getName(), b1.getPath(), path, false);

    //now we have another shareable node N' in the same shared set as N
with path a1/a2/b2

    //using the path a1/a2/b2, we should get the node N' here
    Item item = session.getItem(path);
    String p = item.getPath();
    assertFalse("unexpectedly got the path from another node from the
same shared set ", p.equals(b1.getPath()));
}

Regards,
Manfred

--
Manfred Baedke

<green/>bytes GmbH
Hafenweg 16
D-48155 Münster
Germany
Amtsgericht Münster: HRB5782

Re: Item.getPath() returns wrong values on shared nodes

Posted by Julian Reschke <ju...@gmx.de>.
Manfred Baedke wrote:
> Hi,
>
> currently I am working on the integration of WebDAV binding extensions
> into |org.apache.jackrabbit.webdav.simple.SimpleWebdavServlet|, using
> the shareable node feature of jsr-283.
> The implementation of the BIND method was straightforward and worked as
> expected, but I noticed that sometimes DELETE removed the wrong binding.

Just re-stating that the problem (wrong path being computed) causes a
rather catastrophic failure (wrong node being deleted).

Should I add the test case to ShareableNodeTests? And if I do, should I
mark it somewhere as known failure?

BR, Julian