Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Reinhard Pötz <re...@gmx.net> on 2003/08/12 11:58:37 UTC

RE: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/documentation/xdocs index.xml

From: stevenn@apache.org [mailto:stevenn@apache.org]

>   -   Cocoon interacts with most data sources, including
> filesystems, RDBMS,
>   -   LDAP, native XML databases, and network-based data
> sources. It adapts

Does anybody mind if I add "SAP R/3 (r)" as another option?

Reinhard

RE: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/documentation/xdocs index.xml

Posted by Reinhard Pötz <re...@gmx.net>.
From: Steven Noels

> On 12/08/2003 11:58 Reinhard Pötz wrote:
>
> > Does anybody mind if I add "SAP R/3 (r)" as another option?
>
> "Just do it" (tm)! Carsten hasn't finished his meal yet. ;-)
>
> Uhm: just a wondering thought: don't this thing needs regular
> updates?
> Or does it run OOTB with SAP? I'm utterly SAP-clueless, so
> any real-life
> experiences with it would be welcome.

SAP provides a connector that works for R/3 (release 3.1i which is many,
many years old and above - now they have reached 4.7) and all their "New
Dimension" products like CRM, Business Warehouse, ...

The API of this connector (called JayCo for Java Connector contains a
Java library and a native library for the operating system on which it
is installed) is rather stable and I think it is J2EE complient since
JayCo 2.x. So updates shouldn't be necessary that often.

Cheers,
Reinhard

Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/documentation/xdocs index.xml

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
On 12/08/2003 11:58 Reinhard Pötz wrote:

> Does anybody mind if I add "SAP R/3 (r)" as another option?

"Just do it" (tm)! Carsten hasn't finished his meal yet. ;-)

Uhm: just a wondering thought: don't this thing needs regular updates?
Or does it run OOTB with SAP? I'm utterly SAP-clueless, so any real-life
experiences with it would be welcome.

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org

Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/documentation/xdocs index.xml

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch>.
Le Mardi, 12 aoû 2003, à 11:58 Europe/Zurich, Reinhard Pötz a écrit :
> ...Does anybody mind if I add "SAP R/3 (r)" as another option?

<just-kidding>
no problem for me as long as you also indicate that SAP R/3 data can
now be converted to MID files ;-)
</just-kidding>

-Bertrand