Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Manfred Geiler <ma...@apache.org> on 2007/02/15 20:39:06 UTC

how to transfer artifacts to m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository

Hi Wendy,
I have question:
What is the best practice for transfering our release artifacts from
  /x1/www/people.apache.org/builds/myfaces/m2-staging-repository
to the
  /x1/www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository
?

As I learned from some prior discussions it's not as simple as doing
just a copy because then the maven metadata gets scrambled.
So how is this done in other projects? I can think of two possible solutions:
1. Do a "mvn deploy" to the new repo and ignore the fact that the
deployed artifacts are not exact the ones that where voted for.
2. Do a "mvn deploy" to the new repo and after that overwrite the just
deployed artifacts by the ones from the m2-staging-repository dir.

Thanks in advance for any hints.

--Manfred

Re: how to transfer artifacts to m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
I think I will use it, when Trinidad's plugins got the approval from
the Incubator PMC

and yes, I'll update the wiki

-m

--
Matthias Wessendorf
http://tinyurl.com/fmywh

further stuff:
mail: mwessendorf-at-gmail-dot-com

Re: how to transfer artifacts to m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
what kind of strangeness ?

Posted by Manfred Geiler <ma...@gmail.com>.
Ok, thanks.
Just did a straight copy as Wendy suggested.

Anyone knows how long the rsync to the mirrors might take?

--Manfred

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Manfred Geiler <ma...@apache.org>.
Ummm, I do not feel brave today...  ;-)
Can you please ask Jason to do this job for us?

Thanks very much,
Manfred

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.