Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com> on 2018/08/15 05:36:42 UTC

[DISCUSS cordova-windows@6.0.1 patch release

Had trouble meeting the requirements to build, using VS 2017 Community edition
I had to set the MSBUILDDIR env var explicitly to C:\Program Files
(x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\MSBuild\15.0\Bin since
our code fails to detect the MSBuild version installed with that,
v15.8.

The registry entry it checks still has MSBuild v4 from the .NET
Framework -- so perhaps our detection is outdated.

After I added the env var, I could `cordova build`.
`cordova run` guided me to change some settings and run in elevated
permissions, and I ran `cordova run` again.

The app launches, and I get a 'broken image` icon for the splash
screen. Is this a known issue?

Re: [DISCUSS cordova-windows@6.0.1 patch release

Posted by Chris Brody <ch...@gmail.com>.
The -nightly version is automatically published from master.

The references to user documents directory is indeed weird. This is an
artifact of how coho works. I hope we can fix this in the next major
release.

Posted by Oliver Salzburg <ol...@gmail.com>.
What kind of verification is expected for these types of changes?

#285 only adds a license header. That looks pretty safe to me.
#287 I have a hard time seeing any relevant changes either. The
references to C:/Users/brodybits/Documents seem weird.

#281 seems to be the only relevant change at all and it's massive.

Posted by Chris Brody <ch...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Julio.

Posted by julio cesar sanchez <jc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jan Piotrowski <pi...@gmail.com>.
> I had to set the MSBUILDDIR env var explicitly to C:\Program Files
> (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\MSBuild\15.0\Bin since
> our code fails to detect the MSBuild version installed with that,
> v15.8.
>
> The registry entry it checks still has MSBuild v4 from the .NET
> Framework -- so perhaps our detection is outdated.

From what I remember our MSBuild detection logic is a bit more

Posted by Bryan Ellis <el...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.