Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Aroui, Dr. Djelloul" <Dj...@otto.de> on 2002/03/01 11:27:46 UTC

Help: Internationalization:I can't see Arabic or Chinese script?

My application is based on jsp, struts and weblogic. I read my text from the
properties files (Resources.properties). My application is running for
weasten European languages (English, german, French). In the same way, I
have create Arabic (Resources_ar.properties) and Chinese
(Resources_zh.properties) Properties files  and I have use Unicode (e.g.
\u0633) in the files. I use IE5.5 and the fonts is already installed (I can
see Arabic and Chinese scripts for another site on my browser).

I use in the jsp this tags:

or the equivalent  <%@ page contentType="text/html; charset=UTF-8" %>

I have proof in the generated html file and charset is = "UTF-8".

I have also try with another code for arabic "windows-1256" for Arabic, but
without any success.

Problem: I can't see Arabic or Chinese. Can anybody help me to solve this
problem.

Thanks.

RE: Help: Internationalization:I can't see Arabic or Chinese script?

Posted by Chris Birch <ch...@artlas.net>.
Hi,

BEA Weblogic 6.0 fails to set the charset properly because it gets the
writer before the content-type is set.

Refer to http://tagunov.newmail.ru/i18n/i18n.html for details.

Chris.