Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by ark_adius <ar...@op.pl> on 2006/06/04 22:00:35 UTC

lifecycle.xml - where put configurations

I'm trying to do plugin. It have to do some like this:
package project to *.jar, assembly:directory and then do some java code.
I think that my job is do that:
Make my own lifecycle binding in /META-INF/maven/lifecycle.xml (bind
assembly to package) and write configuration there (path to assembly
descriptor), then fork lifecycle: @execute phase="package"
lifecycle="my_own".
But I have problem in doing it. I can't put tag sequence in lifecycle.xml:
<goals>
   <goal>
     <id>...<id>
     <configuration>
     </configuration>
   </goal>
</goals>

code: Unable to parse lifecycle mapping file: parser must be on
START_TAG or TEXT to read text (position: START_TAG seen ...<goals>\n
            <goal><id>... @9:25)
Where can I put this configuration?
And second question, how can I do my own lifecycle with defined phases?
But it isn't to this thread.