Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Chris Cruzdal <cc...@yahoo.com> on 2004/02/18 10:49:01 UTC

Tooltips/Formatting

Hi,

I was wondering whether the format of tooltips which
are displayed upon presence of <title></title> and
<description></description> tags can be ajusted.

The situation is the following: The SVG files to be
displayed are in this case generated automatically
from a database and they include, at times, tooltips
which can exceed a few words (and have maybe two,
three sentences of text). Then, the tooltip basically
expands horizontally and, in the worst case, does this
over the whole screen. Is it possible to (a) control
this behavior such that tooltips autmatically expand
vertically, if their dimensions would reach a certain
threshold, or (b) to control linebreaks within the tag
content?

Thanks for any input.

Chris
--
Chris Cruzdal

Re: Tooltips/Formatting

Posted by Thomas DeWeese <Th...@Kodak.com>.
Chris Cruzdal wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering whether the format of tooltips which
> are displayed upon presence of <title></title> and
> <description></description> tags can be ajusted.

   If you turn on 'xml:space="preserve"' then newlines in the
title/desc tag will be preserved.

   If you want to automatic wrapping then the actual
'construction' of the Tooltip is accomplished in:

batik.swing.JSVGCanvas.CanvasUserAgent.handleElement

and

batik.swing.JSVGCanvas.CanvasUserAgent.toFormattedHTML