Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by A J <s5...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/22 04:33:57 UTC

nodetool repair takes forever

I am trying to estimate the time it will take to rebuild a node. After
all its datafiles for a given keyspace (Keyspace1)
I then restarted the node and got i back in the ring. At this point, I
wish to run nodetool repair (bin/nodetool -h 127.0.0.1 repair
Keyspace1) and estimate the time the time to rebuild from the time it
takes to repair.

For some reason, the repair command runs forever. I just have 3G of
data per node but still the repair is running for more than an hour !
Can someone tell if it is normal or I am doing something wrong.

Thanks.

Re: nodetool repair takes forever

Posted by A J <s5...@gmail.com>.
Actually I had modified the source code (to put a patch for cassandra
to work across EC2 regions). That patch seems to be causing issue with
'nodetool repair'
When I run without the patch (and within an ec2 region), the repair
completes within reasonable time.

Posted by Robert Coli <rc...@digg.com>.

Posted by A J <s5...@gmail.com>.
0.7.4