Posted to dev@pdfbox.apache.org by John Hewson <jo...@jahewson.com> on 2014/06/18 06:15:11 UTC

Build Failures

I’m getting intermittent build failures on Jenkins:

Waiting for Jenkins to finish collecting data[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-deploy-plugin:2.8.1:deploy (default-deploy) on project pdfbox-parent: Failed to retrieve remote metadata org.apache.pdfbox:pdfbox-parent:2.0.0-SNAPSHOT/maven-metadata.xml: Could not transfer metadata org.apache.pdfbox:pdfbox-parent:2.0.0-SNAPSHOT/maven-metadata.xml from/to apache.snapshots.https (https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots): Failed to transfer file: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/pdfbox/pdfbox-parent/2.0.0-SNAPSHOT/maven-metadata.xml. Return code is: 503 , ReasonPhrase:Service Temporarily Unavailable. -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoExecutionException

Looks like the apache SVN repo is having some problems.

-- John

Re: Build Failures

Posted by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de>.
Am 18.06.2014 22:07, schrieb John Hewson:
> Still seeing this problem, the failing URL is definitely a 503 from repository.apache.org
>
>> Failed to transfer file: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/pdfbox/pdfbox-parent/2.0.0-SNAPSHOT/maven-metadata.xml. Return code is: 503 , ReasonPhrase:Service Temporarily Unavailable.
Yes, Unfortunately nexus seems to be a little bit unstable these days.

I'm pretty sure that infra is still on it.

BR
Andreas Lehmkühler

Re: Build Failures

Posted by John Hewson <jo...@jahewson.com>.

Re: Build Failures

Posted by Andreas Lehmkühler <an...@lehmi.de>.
Hi,

> John Hewson <jo...@jahewson.com> hat am 18. Juni 2014 um 06:15 geschrieben:
>

> I’m getting intermittent build failures on Jenkins:
>
> Waiting for Jenkins to finish collecting data[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-deploy-plugin:2.8.1:deploy (default-deploy) on
> project pdfbox-parent: Failed to retrieve remote metadata
> org.apache.pdfbox:pdfbox-parent:2.0.0-SNAPSHOT/maven-metadata.xml: Could not
> transfer metadata
> org.apache.pdfbox:pdfbox-parent:2.0.0-SNAPSHOT/maven-metadata.xml from/to
> apache.snapshots.https
> (https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots): Failed to
> transfer file:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/pdfbox/pdfbox-parent/2.0.0-SNAPSHOT/maven-metadata.xml.
> Return code is: 503 , ReasonPhrase:Service Temporarily Unavailable. -> [Help
> 1]
> [ERROR]
> [ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e
> switch.
> [ERROR]
> [ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please
> read the following articles:
> [ERROR] [Help 1]
> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoExecutionException
>
> Looks like the apache SVN repo is having some problems.
Nope, it's the nexus repos but in the the end with the same effect, the build
failed. ;-)

I've manually triggered a new build. Let's see if it works ...

> -- John

BR
Andreas Lehmkühler