Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Gilbert Ornelas <gt...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/30 00:36:01 UTC

Location of commited source code

Hello,

I am currently using subversion to manage my projects.  I am using
smartsvn as a client and everything works smoothly.

I have been trying to figure out where in the server my projects
source code resides phisically.  I can vew it through apache
(http://localhost/svn)  but I cannot seem to figure out where the
source code is in my server.

For example:  If I have in source control  files  Project1/somefileA,
I would expect to find in some location a directory Project1 and
inside a file somefileA  when I log in through my terminal.

I would appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks.

Gilbert

RE: Location of commited source code

Posted by Venkata Badipatla <ve...@persistent.co.in>.
Hello,

The source code of the projects will store in the "DB" folder of SVN repository. If apache is configured in your PC, then you can view the files by accessing the below URL.

Thanks,

Venkata Badipatla | Systems Engineer - PMSG (Professional & Managed Services Group) | Persistent Systems
venkata_badipatla@persistent.co.in  | Cell: +91-9657387160 |
Innovation in software product design, development and delivery - www.persistentsys.com

On Dec 29, 2009, at 19:07, Andy Levy wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 19:36, Gilbert Ornelas wrote:
>>

>> I have been trying to figure out where in the server my projects
>> source code resides phisically.  I can vew it through apache
>> (http://localhost/svn)  but I cannot seem to figure out where the
>> source code is in my server.
>>
>> For example:  If I have in source control  files  Project1/somefileA,
>> I would expect to find in some location a directory Project1 and
>> inside a file somefileA  when I log in through my terminal.
>
> You cannot see the files themselves. They are stored in the repository
> database. This database is not meant to be read by anything but the
> Subversion libraries.

The location of this database is specified in your Apache configuration. Look for a line like "SVNPath /path/to/repository" or "SVNParentPath /path/to/repositories".

DISCLAIMER

Re: Location of commited source code

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.