Posted to dev@deltaspike.apache.org by Jason Porter <li...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/23 10:25:17 UTC

[DISCUSS] (DELTASPIKE-16) review and discuss builders (metadata implementations)

fyi: please check [1] before you answer.

[2] contains documentation for the AnnotationBuilder and [2a] contains the
code for the BeanBuilders.

the basic concept:
Builder classes for creating beans based on an AnnotatedType, and modifying
the metadata of that AnnotatedType, also in the case of AnnotationBuilder,
a class for creating "store" or set of annotations to be used in
(re)defining or adding to metadata for an AnnotatedType

please send
+1, +0 or -1 because...
for the basic idea as well as the basic concept.
if there are >basic< objections, please also add them to [3]

Gerhard, Mark and Antoine have already given their +1 to the builders, with
Gerhard suggesting NarrowingBeanBuilder should be merged into BeanBuilder.

[1] http://markmail.org/message/7yefspfuvtz4jvmp
[2]
http://docs.jboss.org/seam/3/3.1.0.CR1/reference/en-US/html/solder-annotationutilities.html
[2a]
https://github.com/seam/solder/tree/develop/impl/src/main/java/org/jboss/solder/bean
[3]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DeltaSpike/SE+Feature+Ranking

--
Jason Porter
http://lightguard-jp.blogspot.com

Software Engineer
Open Source Advocate

PGP key id: 926CCFF5

Re: [DISCUSS] (DELTASPIKE-16) review and discuss builders (metadata implementations)

Posted by Dan Allen <da...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 09:47, Pete Muir <pm...@redhat.com> wrote:

> NarrowingBeanBuilder was a bit of an oddball, and it would be well worth
> considering if we can achieve the same effect in a more sane fashion.

I agree. The functionality is incredible. The naming and accessibility
doesn't match that goodness. It might be good to start with a "what is it
supposed to do"...let a name emerge and then think about the best API
methods.

-Dan

--
Dan Allen
Registered Linux User #231597

http://google.com/profiles/dan.j.allen
http://mojavelinux.com
http://mojavelinux.com/seaminaction

Re: [DISCUSS] (DELTASPIKE-16) review and discuss builders (metadata implementations)

Posted by Pete Muir <pm...@redhat.com>.
To be clear, +1 to Jason's proposal.

Posted by Pete Muir <pm...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Jason Porter <li...@gmail.com>.
Also giving my +1

Posted by Jason Porter <li...@gmail.com>.
Okay, so currently, we're just talking about AnnotatedTypeBuilder, correct?

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
+1

LieGrue,
strub