Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by daniel joyce <da...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/19 07:37:49 UTC

Loop elements in forms, onvalidate called multiple times?

I am building a form with variable number of rolls by using a loop. The
problem is that upon submit, it appears that onValidate is called n times,
where n is the number of rows. The loop pulls its values from, and writes
into list of n elements.

Am I doing something wrong?

Re: Loop elements in forms, onvalidate called multiple times?

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 2:37 AM, daniel joyce<da...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am building a form with variable number of rolls by using a loop. The
> problem is that upon submit, it appears that onValidate is called n times,
> where n is the number of rows. The loop pulls its values from, and writes
> into list of n elements.

Try onValidateForm(). The validate event is invoked for every field,
while the validateForm (BindingConstants.VALIDATE_FORM, if you use
@OnEvent) is invoked once per field.

--
Thiago