Posted to user@storm.apache.org by "M.Tarkeshwar Rao" <ta...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/22 13:37:49 UTC

I want to setup complete storm-hdfs setup on my local system.Is it possible?

Hi,

We have a application in which we are using storm as execution engine and
hdfs,hbase,redis as distributed db.
I want to test complete application and debug on my local laptop.

Can i do it? can i launch Storm UI locally?

is it possible to launch nimbus,supervisonrs and all the workers on my
laptop itself?

Regards
Tarkeshwar

Re: I want to setup complete storm-hdfs setup on my local system.Is it possible?

Posted by Palak Shah <sp...@gmail.com>.
Yes you can launch a standalone instance of storm. Refer the following link
for instructions -
http://10jumps.com/blog/storm-installation-single-machine

But, do not expect this instance to be reliable or fault tolerant.

Cheers,
Palak

Posted by John Welcher <jp...@gmail.com>.
Hi

I have Eclipse, PostgeSQL, pseudo distributed (single node)  Cloudera 5,
Accumulo and Storm running on my laptop.

Intel I5 with 16gb memory and 240gb ssd

Regards

John