Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk> on 2005/04/07 18:39:05 UTC

[Axis2] Deployemnt

Hi all;

Although we did not discuss any thing about the pre-dispatch phase in the axis2 f2f we realized the requiremnt of pre-dispatch phase (as Jaliya mentioned in the previous mail chain with the subject "Proposed Deployment changes"). Name might be confusing but we want some kind of global phase.

By assuming we have phase called pre-dispatch phase I will summarize how deployment going to work with new design.(please refer the picture in  www.apache.org/~deepal/axis2f2f/image1.jpg )
  1.. Read server.xml and using its configuration create an object called EngineConfiguaraion.
  2.. Next load all the available modules and using their configuration build both Pre-dispatch phase (yellow chain in the picture)and something like global partial chain. (the chain name as "B" in the picture).
  3.. Next load all the service and for each service using its configuration create a partial chain (S1 as shown in the picture).
  4.. And next using the global handlers mentioned above and using partially build service chain build the pre-compute handler chains for the service S1 as shown in www.apache.org/~deepal/axis2f2f/image2.jpg.
After that for each invocation at the all the handlers up to dispatcher will run irrespective of the service , when it comes to dispatcher it will pick the correct service and will take corresponding pre computed chain for the service and invoke that.

Module init
  a.. At the time of server get started up by the DeploymentEngine, for each module will be invoked its init() method and there the module should know how to create and recover the module context.

There are some more steps that have to be taken in to account when server get started up , and I think all those can not include here so I will update the wiki pages including all those.

Thanks

Deepal