Posted to dev@openaz.apache.org by jo...@apache.org on 2016/05/26 02:34:34 UTC

Podling Report Reminder - June 2016

Dear podling,

This email was sent by an automated system on behalf of the Apache
Incubator PMC. It is an initial reminder to give you plenty of time to
prepare your quarterly board report.

The board meeting is scheduled for Wed, 15 June 2016, 10:30 am PDT.
The report for your podling will form a part of the Incubator PMC
report. The Incubator PMC requires your report to be submitted 2 weeks
before the board meeting, to allow sufficient time for review and
submission (Wed, June 1st).

Please submit your report with sufficient time to allow the Incubator
PMC, and subsequently board members to review and digest. Again, the
very latest you should submit your report is 2 weeks prior to the board
meeting.

Thanks,

The Apache Incubator PMC

Submitting your Report

----------------------

Your report should contain the following:

*   Your project name
*   A brief description of your project, which assumes no knowledge of
    the project or necessarily of its field
*   A list of the three most important issues to address in the move
    towards graduation.
*   Any issues that the Incubator PMC or ASF Board might wish/need to be
    aware of
*   How has the community developed since the last report
*   How has the project developed since the last report.

This should be appended to the Incubator Wiki page at:

http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/May2016

Note: This is manually populated. You may need to wait a little before
this page is created from a template.

Mentors
-------

Mentors should review reports for their project(s) and sign them off on
the Incubator wiki page. Signing off reports shows that you are
following the project - projects that are not signed may raise alarms
for the Incubator PMC.

Incubator PMC

Re: Podling Report Reminder - June 2016

Posted by David Ash <gr...@gmail.com>.
Great job Ajith and Emmanuel! Thanks for getting this taken care of.

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Le 31/05/16 � 16:00, DRAGOSH, PAMELA L (PAM) a �crit :
> Folks (I�m back from 2 weeks of vacation),
>
> The Code from AT&T agreed to donate the code, we filed the correct ICLA�s.
>
> Ajith can confirm for JP Morgan.
>
> I don�t believe Oracle has filed any ICLA�s nor contributed any code. They
> have disappeared from contributing to this effort. If not, I hope they
> speak up.
>
> If this report hasn�t been filed onto the website I will go ahead and do
> so later today.

Thanks Pam !

Re: Podling Report Reminder - June 2016

Posted by David Ash <gr...@gmail.com>.
I just got back from Japan.  Am I all set for committing / project
management in Jira yet?

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Le 31/05/16 � 18:55, DRAGOSH, PAMELA L (PAM) a �crit :

Posted by "DRAGOSH, PAMELA L (PAM)" <pd...@research.att.com>.
Yeah the link was incorrect in the last email sent to us. No big deal.

I will put it in the June2016 right now.

Pam

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Le 31/05/16 � 16:13, DRAGOSH, PAMELA L (PAM) a �crit :

Posted by "DRAGOSH, PAMELA L (PAM)" <pd...@research.att.com>.
Done.

Thanks,

Pam

Posted by Ajith Nair <aj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "DRAGOSH, PAMELA L (PAM)" <pd...@research.att.com>.

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Le 30/05/16 � 16:11, Ajith Nair a �crit :

Posted by Ajith Nair <aj...@gmail.com>.
Emmanuel,

Thank you for the comments. I’ve updated it, please see below.

Couple of questions:

IP clearance -  I’m not quite sure what is involved. Are we talking about ICLAs ? The last I know we were waiting for Oracle ICLAs. What else needs to be done to move forward ?

I guess the report needs to uploaded to Apache Wiki before it can be signed ?

OpenAz

OpenAz is a project to create tools and libraries to enable the
development of Attribute-based Access Control (ABAC) Systems in a
variety of languages. In general the work is at least consistent with
or actually conforming to the OASIS XACML Standard.

OpenAZ has been incubating since 01-2015.

1. Increasing community involvement: We are focusing on getting
information
published on the website to aid the acquisition and orientation of new
contributors,
as well increasing the number of committers, in order to reduce
individual member
workload, reduce reliance on any particular member, and to increase
project velocity. David Ash was voted in as a committer last month.
There are several other committers that may be added in the near future.

2. Merging the source code from AT&T, JP Morgan and Oracle and creating
POMs. AT&T and JP Morgan source code has been merged and POMs created,
it needs uploading into the Apache repository. AT&T and JP Morgan ICLAs were received, but Oracle is taking more time. The IP clearance is on it's way.

3. Get our first release done.

aware of?

None. The efforts to revive the project seem to be paying off and discussions are gaining traction.

Pam Dragosh, David Ash and Ajith Nair are the active committers at this point. The project intends to reboot the PPMC which may include removing
some of the initial commiters who are no longer active. There are, however, several contributors who could be potentially added as committers in the future.

1. Ongoing collective effort to improve project documentation, marketing material for better visbility and adoption.
2. A pending contribution towards PEP implementation is being reviewed and we plan to merge in these changes soon.
3. We are looking into design feedback/comments from Nextlabs - a XACML service provider. We hope to incorporate many of these in the coming weeks.

Date of last release:

N/A

When were the last committers or PMC members elected?

One new committer was elected Tuesday, May 3rd.

Ajith

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Le 28/05/16 � 07:04, Ajith Nair a �crit :
> How about this ?

> OpenAz
>
> OpenAz is a project to create tools and libraries to enable the
> development of Attribute-based Access Control (ABAC) Systems in a
> variety of languages. In general the work is at least consistent with
> or actually conforming to the OASIS XACML Standard.
>
> OpenAZ has been incubating since 01-2015.
>

> Three most important issues to address in the move towards graduation:
>
>  1. Increasing community involvement: We are focusing on getting
> information
>  published on the website to aid the acquisition and orientation of new
> contributors,
>  as well increasing the number of committers, in order to reduce
> individual member
>  workload, reduce reliance on any particular member, and to increase
> project velocity. No new committers were added in the previous month.

Actually, David was added...

> There are several other committers that may be added in the near future.
>
>  2. Merging the source code from AT&T, JP Morgan and Oracle and creating
>  POM�s. AT&T and JP Morgan source code has been merged and POM�s created,
>  it needs uploading into the Apache repository.
I think there are som non ascii chars (POM�s instead of POM's)

Posted by Ajith Nair <aj...@gmail.com>.
How about this ?

[...]

Date of last release:

Posted by David Ash <gr...@gmail.com>.
Awesome.  Thanks! :-)

Posted by Ajith Nair <aj...@gmail.com>.
I'll take a shot at it.

Posted by David Ash <gr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Le 26/05/16 � 07:02, David Ash a �crit :

Posted by David Ash <gr...@gmail.com>.