Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Christian Andersson <ca...@ofs.no> on 2003/09/25 10:42:39 UTC

infinite loop while using both postGoal and preReqs

Hi there, I have made a small error in my own little rmi plugin..

I started out having java:compile as a prereq to my rmi:compile goal
this worked very well, except that I had to always call this seperately
instead of java:compile, so I decided to change it, so that rmi:compile
should be called as a postGoal to java:compile instead..
so I added my postGoal which in turn used attainGoal to do the rmi:compile

and here is where everything went wrong..

when I installed the plugin, I accidently hade forgotten to remove the
prereq from rmi:compile...

so when I now try to do anything that involves java:compile, I end up in
an infinite loop :-(

it looks like maven sees that java:compile should be followed by my
rmi:compile, but in the rmi:compile it sees that it should do
java:compile, which maven gladly does, and then maven sees that it
should do my rmi:compile, and so on.......

I'm not sure if maven should be a able to see this as an error, after
all java:compile has already been performed so there is no need to run
the java:compile again..

let this be a warning to you all, do not mix postGoals and prereq to the
same goal, or you might end up in an infinite loop also... :-)

at the moment, I think I have to change the plugin.jelly in the in
installed plugin directory and remove the prereq and then install a new
better rmi plugin...

/Christian Anderson