Posted to user@accumulo.apache.org by Yamini Joshi <ya...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/06 19:10:52 UTC

Installing Accumulo in multinode setup

Hello all

I am trying to configure a multinode cluster with accumulo. I am using 3
machines with the config as follows:

M4: Hadoop Master/Acc Slave
M5: Accumulo Master/Monitor/Gc
M6: Slave

I have configured zookeeper ensemble on the cluster with all the 3 nodes.
The Hadoop part seems to work fine, I can see the console and run MR jobs
easily. I can also see the zookeeper cluster with M2 as the leader. My
problem is with accumulo, after accumulo init:
bin/accumulo init
 which seems to run without any error, after I isuue the command
bin/start-all.sh
 the Monitor process can't start. I am getting this error in my tracer log:
[start.Main] ERROR: Thread 'tracer' died.
org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$NoAuthException: KeeperErrorCode =
NoAuth for /tracers/trace-
    at org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException.create(KeeperException.java:113)
    at org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException.create(KeeperException.java:51)
    at org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper.create(ZooKeeper.java:783)
    at
org.apache.accumulo.fate.zookeeper.ZooUtil.putEphemeralSequential(ZooUtil.java:464)
    at
org.apache.accumulo.fate.zookeeper.ZooReaderWriter.putEphemeralSequential(ZooReaderWriter.java:99)
    at
org.apache.accumulo.tracer.TraceServer.registerInZooKeeper(TraceServer.java:304)
    at org.apache.accumulo.tracer.TraceServer.<init>(TraceServer.java:241)
    at org.apache.accumulo.tracer.TraceServer.main(TraceServer.java:346)
    at
org.apache.accumulo.tracer.TracerExecutable.execute(TracerExecutable.java:33)
    at org.apache.accumulo.start.Main$1.run(Main.java:120)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

And this in my monitor debug log:
Failed to locate tablet for table : !0 row : ~err_\100

I can see that the accumulo dir has been created in the HDFS. Can anyone
please guide me set this up? I am attaching my config files here (Rest all
the same generated as a result of bin_config file).

Best regards,
Yamini Joshi

Re: Installing Accumulo in multinode setup

Posted by Yamini Joshi <ya...@gmail.com>.
Thanks everyone for help. It is working now. I had to edit some memory
confs and do a clean install. Also, the /tracers znode is created after the
acccumulo is started (i.e. start-all.sh) and not init.

Best regards,
Yamini Joshi

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Yamini Joshi <ya...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Yamini Joshi <ya...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Yamini Joshi <ya...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michael Wall <mj...@gmail.com>.
Yep, I was running 1.6

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.
Did you re-initialize Accumulo after nuking the ZK entries?

Posted by Yamini Joshi <ya...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com>.

--
busbey

Re: Installing Accumulo in multinode setup

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michael Wall <mj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Yamini Joshi <ya...@gmail.com>.