Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by larzgold <la...@yahasp.org> on 2001/04/20 18:15:58 UTC

Jetspeed and Firewall/ProxyServers

Thanks in advance..

I have Jetspeed up and running, but cannot get to any of the RSS/RDF Files on the web.  I know i am behind a firewall, and the a Tomcat_OPT to my proxy... but it still does not work.. My proxy does not need a user id / password.

I have tried the following..

set TOMCAT_OPTS=-DproxySet=true -DproxyHost=myproxy.com -DproxyPort=8080

set TOMCAT_OPTS=-DproxySet=true -DproxyHost=http://myproxy.com -DproxyPort=8080

Is there anyway to test whether the proxy is working thru tomcat?  Is there any other solutions..

Thanks
larry

Re: Jetspeed and Firewall/ProxyServers

Posted by Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>.
larzgold wrote:

> Thanks in advance..
>
> I have Jetspeed up and running, but cannot get to any of the RSS/RDF Files on the web.  I know i am behind a firewall, and the a Tomcat_OPT to my proxy... but it still does not work.. My proxy does not need a user id / password.
>
> I have tried the following..
>
> set TOMCAT_OPTS=-DproxySet=true -DproxyHost=myproxy.com -DproxyPort=8080

This should work. Try also with http.proxyHost and http.proxyPort. Also,
maybe you should enter the option surrounded by double quotes (")

I think proxySet belongs to /WEB-INF/conf/JetspeedResources.properties.
See the settings there for a different way to specify proxy, that does
not require setting TOMCAT options.

> set TOMCAT_OPTS=-DproxySet=true -DproxyHost=http://myproxy.com -DproxyPort=8080
>
> Is there anyway to test whether the proxy is working thru tomcat?  Is there any other solutions..

I know the IBM people has tested (and solved) this issue in the past.
See the mail archives.