Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by raulmt <ra...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/14 01:09:49 UTC

Re: Libarary "core" mapping not working in 5.2.0-SNAPSHOT

I wanted to switch to T5.2, and I found exactly this problem. I have an app
with many modules, and one of them is the "CoreModule", which maps all its
components to the LibraryMapping "core".

In Tapestry documentation, it says:

Note: it is possible to add a mapping for "core". "core" is the core library
for Tapestry components; all the built-in Tapestry components (TextField,
BeanEditForm, Grid, etc.) are actually in the core library. All Tapestry
does is search inside the "core" library when it does find a component in
the application. Contributing an additional package as "core" simply extends
the number of packages searched for core components (it doesn't replace
Tapestry's default package, org.apache.tapestry5.corelib). Adding to "core"
is sometimes reasonable, if there is virtually no chance of a naming
conflict (via different modules contributing packages to core with
conflicting class names).

So I didn't think this could cause future problems… I don't mind changing
all the code inside my app to change the library mapping, BUT the bad side
of this is that many links will stop working… The principal page of my
application is like http://www.example.org/core/view/id_of_resource (a page
named ViewCore inside the core package). If using the core library mapping
will not be permited anymore, what would be the best way to preserve or at
least redirect existing links like the previous one?

Regards,
Raul.

Re: Libarary "core" mapping not working in 5.2.0-SNAPSHOT

Posted by Fernando Padilla <fe...@alum.mit.edu>.
  wait, so we can't map libraries onto the "core" prefix?  Can we map it
into a "" prefix?

The issue is that we leveraged that capability to essentially bring our
libraries all under the same namespace.. To make accessing common/shared
components easier to code against.. <t:fb.time> instead of
<t:fbcommon.fb.time>

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo