Posted to user@spark.apache.org by matd <ma...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/04 09:13:54 UTC

Kerberos impersonation of a Spark Context at runtime

Hi folks,

I have a Spark application executing various jobs for different users
simultaneously, via several Spark sessions on several threads.

My customer would like to kerberize his hadoop cluster. I wonder if there is
a way to configure impersonation such as each of these jobs would be ran
with the different proxy users. From what I see in spark conf and code, it's
not possible to do that at runtime for a specific context, but I'm not
familiar with Kerberos nor with this part of Spark.

Anyone can confirm/infirm this ?

Mathieu

(also on S.O
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/43765044/kerberos-impersonation-of-a-spark-context-at-runtime)

Re: Kerberos impersonation of a Spark Context at runtime

Posted by Abel Rincón <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mathieu,

Stratio is working on it, we have a solution running which accomplish our
use case, could you share your use case with us?

Here you have video and slides of our work on this topic

https://spark-summit.org/east-2017/events/kerberizing-spark/

Regards

Abel.

Posted by Saisai Shao <sa...@gmail.com>.