Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Amit Gadaley <am...@hotwaxsystems.com> on 2020/06/16 08:13:18 UTC

Want to explore and contribute to Apache Commons

Hello All,

I am new to Apache Commons and I like to explore it and make contributions.
Could anyone guide me on this? I am assuming there would be an application
with all propers included and that I can run locally, see source code, and
make changes.

FYI: I have fair understanding of Apache OFBiz.
--
Kind Regards,
Amit Gadaley

Re: Want to explore and contribute to Apache Commons

Posted by Gilles Sadowski <gi...@gmail.com>.
Hi.

Le mar. 16 juin 2020 à 10:14, Amit Gadaley
<am...@hotwaxsystems.com> a écrit :

> Hello All,
>
> I am new to Apache Commons and I like to explore it and make contributions.

Welcome.

> Could anyone guide me on this? I am assuming there would be an application
> with all propers included and that I can run locally,

Actually, no: "Apache Commons" is a collection of libraries, not
an application.  Each so-called "component" is a sub-project of
"Commons", with its own repository and web pages:
    http://commons.apache.org/

The mailing lists are shared (to distinguish which components is
addressed, a post's subject line should be prefixed with the name
of the component, e.g. "[RNG]").

> see source code,

On each component's there is a link to the corresponding
repository which you can browse:
    https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=commons-rng.git

> and
> make changes.

Then, you'd "clone" the code repository.

How to contribute is generally described on a component's
site.  When you have questions/proposals about development,
they should be posted on the "dev" mailing list.
Bugs must be reported on the issue-tracking system (JIRA).

HTH,
Gilles