Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by CupertinoIndian <Cu...@yahoo.com> on 2005/04/22 17:39:48 UTC

Bug in MyFaces?

(reposting as the old thread is too old and nobody is reading it)

I have written a web application using JSF. The application runs when I
use SunRI but it breaks when I use MyFaces. I have tested it on
websphere as well as weblogic on multiple systems. Now I am convinced
that it is a problem with MyFaces.

I couldn't attach my project zip file here, I posted it to this location
http://www.geocities.com/cupertinoindian/MyFacesTest.zip

Install this web project (it is a WSAD/Websphere project but can easily
be installed in eclipse/weblogic). Go to URL
http://localhost/myFacesTest/jsf/start.faces
click next, dummy.faces is displayed
click next, dummy.faces is displayed again (which is correct) but this
time there is no data. The application works if you try it with Sun's
Reference Implementation.

Note that the bean clientTaskHandler is configured to be request scope.
If you change it to session scope, try the test again and this time the
dummy.faces always has the data.

Alternatively, if you replace myfaces jars with Sun's RI jars, the
application works as well.

Any insight is appreciated.
Thanks
CupertinoIndian

Re: Bug in MyFaces?

Posted by CupertinoIndian <Cu...@yahoo.com>.
Please refer back to an old thread titled "Navigation not working in
MyFaces (works with Sun's RI)" dated 4/5/2005.

I had many suggestions/responses and I tried many things. It does not work.

Re: Bug in MyFaces?

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.