Posted to commons-dev@ws.apache.org by Ajith Ranabahu <aj...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/28 23:26:58 UTC

[Vote] XmlSchema 1.4 RC 1

Hi all,
Finally  - its time for another release. I've named this release 1.4 (due to
the bahavior change in the API) and also addressed some of the Java 5
concerns as well
The candidate jars and distros (named 1.4 RC1 - signed and MD5ed) are at
http://people.apache.org/~ajith/xmlschema/<http://people.apache.org/%7Eajith/xmlschema/>

Give it a go and let us know if there are any issues. I've tested this one
with Axis2 trunk (as of today 28th Feb 2008) and all tests passed.

Here is my +1 for this release

--
Ajith Ranabahu

Reading, after a certain age, diverts the mind too much from its creative
pursuits. Any man who reads too much and uses his own brain too little falls
into lazy habits of thinking - Albert Einstein

Re: [Vote] XmlSchema 1.4 RC 1

Posted by Deepal jayasinghe <de...@gmail.com>.
Ajith Ranabahu wrote:
> Hi all,
> Finally  - its time for another release. I've named this release 1.4 (due to
> the bahavior change in the API) and also addressed some of the Java 5
> concerns as well
> The candidate jars and distros (named 1.4 RC1 - signed and MD5ed) are at
> http://people.apache.org/~ajith/xmlschema/<http://people.apache.org/%7Eajith/xmlschema/>
>
> Give it a go and let us know if there are any issues. I've tested this one
> with Axis2 trunk (as of today 28th Feb 2008) and all tests passed.
>
> Here is my +1 for this release

+1

Deepal

Re: [Vote] XmlSchema 1.4 RC 1

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Thursday 28 February 2008, Daniel Kulp wrote:
> Well, -1 on the fact that the jar does not have the required NOTICE
> and LICENSE files in the META-INF dir and thus could not be deployed
> to maven (where we need it).
>
> We also have a bunch of test failures in CXF using it.  Benson and I
> are digging through them and it looks like they are issues on our end
> (1.3.2 was ignore sysId's so we never specified them even though we
> should have, now we need them).   I'll know more tomorrow but we've
> debugged half the test failures and they are all due to that issue.

OK.  With some fixes to our tests/code, all tests now pass with 1.4 and
1.3.2.   Thus, the only issue is the lack of the LICENSE/NOTICE files.
Once that is fixed, I'll be +1.

Dan

--
J. Daniel Kulp