Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Ido Tamir <ta...@imp.univie.ac.at> on 2008/05/25 11:09:36 UTC

[Trinidad] tr:form onsubmit called at page load?

Hi,
even when I have a simple page, containing nothing but a form,
the onsubmit function is called automatically when I load the page,
buy simply opening a browser (firefox) to localhost:8080/test/test.seam

Is this normal? It happens with trinidad 1.2.8 and 1.2.5.
I have to admit that my config is not that simple because I use SEAM, but
it looks rather standard (taken from the trinidad example in SEAM).

page:

<trh:html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"
      xmlns:ui="http://java.sun.com/jsf/facelets"
      xmlns:h="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html"
      xmlns:f="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core"
      xmlns:tr="http://myfaces.apache.org/trinidad"
      xmlns:trh="http://myfaces.apache.org/trinidad/html">

<trh:head title="test">
</trh:head>
	<trh:body>
    </trh:body>
</trh:html>

bean:
package org.jockeysoft.better.dao;

import org.jboss.seam.annotations.Logger;
import org.jboss.seam.annotations.Name;
import org.jboss.seam.log.Log;

@Name("testDAO")
public class TestDAO {
	@Logger private Log log;

	public void setChange(){
		log.error("called change");
	}

}

Re: [Trinidad] tr:form onsubmit called at page load?

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
onsubmit is a javascript method, not a server side method. You just
told the form to evaluate your EL and send the result down as
javascript