Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Michael Oliver <ol...@matrix-media.com> on 2003/07/15 18:06:29 UTC

RE: JXTA for Application Service Providers

James,

You are quite right, JXTA has "Peers" which can be anything from PDA to
Server, TRUE DAT.  However for us, our Servers are communicating already
via JXTA to keep themselves in synch and to monitor status, etc.

What we want to do is take advantage of those pipes and build an IM/Chat,
Presence and File Sharing ability to take advantage of those pipes.

We are not looking for interoperability (YET) of these Users with the
outside worlds of other IM and P2P Networks, i.e. "In House".

Michael Oliver
CTO/Matrix Intermedia
7391 S. Bullrider Ave.
Tucson, AZ 85747