Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by lyl <ly...@staff.cn99.com> on 2003/07/28 04:50:21 UTC

How to get last inserted Id

Hi, there.

	Can anyone please tell me how to get the id of last inserted record?
I use mysql & OJB in my project, and one of my table's PK is
auto_incremented, when i insert a record i found the PB.store returns
 void. Can you tell me how to get the id?

Sincerely.
--
lyl <ly...@staff.cn99.com>

Re: How to get last inserted Id

Posted by Eli Anderson <el...@ecaent.com>.
Hello,

You can try to use Identity i.e.

Identity oid = new Identity(obj,broker);
int id = obj.getId();

where broker is a persistence broker and obj is your object to persist.

You can view an explanation of this at:
http://db.apache.org/ojb/sequencemanager.html

--
Eli Anderson