Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by nino martinez wael <ni...@gmail.com> on 2017/11/29 07:51:02 UTC

CXF 3.2.1 JAX RS and bean validation

Hi are there anyway to setup so the response vill give a more verbose
output when validation fails?

Currently when my validation fails, all constraints are printed in the
server log with details, but the client just receive a 400 bad request..

Would be very nice for the client a little more detail on what went wrong..

--
Best regards / Med venlig hilsen
Nino Martinez

Re: CXF 3.2.1 JAX RS and bean validation

Posted by nino martinez wael <ni...@gmail.com>.
Cool thanks a lot:)

On Wed, Nov 29, 2017 at 2:03 PM, Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> It has an optional addMessageToResponse property,
>
> and you can always customize, example, as David suggested, create your own
> mapper, may be it will just extend ValidationExceptionMapper and set its
> addMessageToResponse to true, etc
>
> Cheers, Sergey
>
> On 29/11/17 09:17, nino martinez wael wrote:
>
>> I would think that was exactly what
>> org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.validation.ValidationExceptionMapper
>> did?
>>

>> regards Nino
>>
>> On Wed, Nov 29, 2017 at 9:10 AM, David Karlsen <da...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> You could maybe implement an ExceptionMapper to handle them and transform
>>> over to the wanted output format:
>>> https://docs.oracle.com/javaee/7/api/javax/ws/rs/ext/Excepti
>>> onMapper.html
>>> https://dennis-xlc.gitbooks.io/restful-java-with-jax-rs-2-