Posted to c-users@xerces.apache.org by Eric Openshaw <er...@pebble.tv> on 2008/08/05 01:40:21 UTC

where is the XPath implementation?

Greetings,

I've just started using Xerces, primarily to get at the XPath support - my requirements are fairly simple.  However, when I execute any of the methods in DOMXPathEvaluater (implemented in DOMDocumentImpl.cpp) such as createExpression or evaluate, I'm met with the following implementation:

    throw DOMException(DOMException::NOT_SUPPORTED_ERR, 0, getMemoryManager());
    return 0;

Did I miss something?  All the documentation suggests this has been implemented some time ago... or is this supposed to be overridden somewhere perhaps?

FYI I'm running win32 and built xerces (2.8) myself using the VC6 masterbuild.

Comments appreciated...

Thanks,
Eric
___________________

Eric Openshaw
Principal Programmer
Pebble Beach Systems
Tel: +44 1932 333790
Fax: +44 1932 333791
E-mail: eric.openshaw@pebble.tv
www.pebble.tv

Registered in England and Wales No 3944834 VAT No 733 725 433

This e-mail and any attachment is confidential and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use or dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify Pebble Beach Systems immediately at postmaster@pebble.tv then delete this e-mail. Any views or opinions expressed within this e-mail are solely those of the sender, and do not necessarily represent those of Pebble Beach Systems.

Re: where is the XPath implementation?

Posted by John Snelson <jo...@oracle.com>.
Xerces-C 3.0 supports a subset of XPath. For versions of Xerces-C before
3.0, you can use XQilla, which provides XQuery and XPath 2.0 over the
Xerces-C DOM:

http://xqilla.sourceforge.net

John

--