Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Kissue Kissue <ki...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/29 19:35:22 UTC

Searching against stored wild cards

Hi,

I Want to know if it is in any way possible for me to do this Solr:

1. Store this field in Solr index - AB-CD-EF-*
2. Do a search for AB-CD-EF-GH and return back AB-CD-EF-*

Thanks.

Re: Searching against stored wild cards

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.
Skip the asterisk and analyse you search terms as an ngram, maybe an
edge-ngram, and then it'll match.

You'd be querying for:

AB
AB-
AB-C
AB-CD
AB-CD-
etc...

Any of those terms would match your terms.

Upayavira