Posted to asp@perl.apache.org by guttalbhag <gu...@yahoo.com> on 2003/07/14 13:18:44 UTC

How to give download option using asp?

Hi,

Iam working on generating reports using some asp files..

I want to give downloading option for the user, so that if user clicks
on it,he must be able to save that file in his system..(while running
the file in server..).

i wanted to know if there is any option for doing that using asp?

pls reply me soon... Today is the deadline....

Awaiting for help...

regards
bhargavi

Re: How to give download option using asp?

Posted by Richard Curtis <ri...@crosswired.co.uk>.
The most basic method would be to have a folder (in the web root) which is
readable to all.
Then when you have your report data, write it out to a file in this
directory, then do something like:

"<a href=\"downloads/$filename\"> download </a>"

I hope this is what you are looking for.

Richard