Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org> on 2003/01/05 23:08:42 UTC

BasicDataSource and 1.0

Is there any reason why the Commons BasicDataSource 1.0 (Pool 1.1)
shouldn't work with Struts 1.0?

If I try swappingin it in, using the different properties as documented,
my results come back null. I tried stepping thru, but there's a lot
going on in there =:0)

I also tried retrofitting the GenericDataSource wrapper into my code
base, but with the same result.

I'd like to clean-up the database FAQ and it would be good to know
whether we should be able to use the Commons BasicDataSource with both
versions or not.

Here's the config I was trying (in 1.0.2):

    <data-source
         type="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource">
         <set-property
           property="defaultAutoCommit"
           value="true" />
         <set-property
           property="defaultReadOnly"
           value="false" />
         <set-property
           property="driverClassName"
             value="org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver"/>
         <set-property
           property="maxActive"
           value="10" />
         <set-property
           property="maxWait"
           value="5000" />
         <set-property
             property="password"
             value="********"/>
         <set-property
           property="url"
             value="jdbc:mysql://192.168.42.147:3306/gavel_dummy"/>
         <set-property
             property="username"
         <set-property
             property="validationQuery"
             value="SELECT COUNT(*) FROM gavel_keys"/>
     </data-source>

(Stars replace the login values.)

-T.

--