Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Chendrimada, Thimmaiah" <th...@lehman.com> on 2003/11/28 17:31:48 UTC

Generating start scripts

Cannot figure out the following

1> I have a project.xml setup for my project which has the dependencies
defined. I can compile my stuff using this.
2> I need to generate a start.sh script to launch my application - how can I
generate this - more specifically
	 I want to use a template called myScript.sh in which I want to
replace the
		i. Classpath with the maven.dependency.classpath
		ii Add the final jar (output of my mave jar command) to the
classpath

I know about the uberjar plugin but cannot use it - simpy need the script.

Thanks in advance

Regards
Thimmaiah

designated recipient(s) named above.  If you are not the intended recipient of
this message you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination,
communication is for information purposes only and should not be regarded as
an offer to sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy any financial
product, an official confirmation of any transaction, or as an official
statement of Lehman Brothers.  Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be
secure or error-free.  Therefore, we do not represent that this information is
complete or accurate and it should not be relied upon as such.  All
information is subject to change without notice.

Re: Generating start scripts

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@maven.org>.
On Fri, 2003-11-28 at 11:31, Chendrimada, Thimmaiah wrote:
> Cannot figure out the following
>
> 1> I have a project.xml setup for my project which has the dependencies
> defined. I can compile my stuff using this.
> 2> I need to generate a start.sh script to launch my application - how can I
> generate this - more specifically
> 	 I want to use a template called myScript.sh in which I want to
> replace the
> 		i. Classpath with the maven.dependency.classpath
> 		ii Add the final jar (output of my mave jar command) to the
> classpath
>
> I know about the uberjar plugin but cannot use it - simpy need the script.
>
> Thanks in advance

There are no docs but this plugin will generate runner scripts:

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/maven-plugins/runner/

> Regards
> Thimmaiah

> This message is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the
> designated recipient(s) named above.  If you are not the intended recipient of
> this message you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination,
> distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.  This
> communication is for information purposes only and should not be regarded as
> an offer to sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy any financial
> product, an official confirmation of any transaction, or as an official
> statement of Lehman Brothers.  Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be
> secure or error-free.  Therefore, we do not represent that this information is
> complete or accurate and it should not be relied upon as such.  All
> information is subject to change without notice.

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@zenplex.com
http://tambora.zenplex.org