Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Steven Gollery <sg...@cadrc.calpoly.edu> on 2003/03/06 23:28:59 UTC

http.proxyHost doesn't work for me

I have read all the messages on this list that refer to problems
accessing remote web pages through a firewall. Based on this
information, I've added -Dhttp.proxySet=true
-Dhttp.proxyHost=my.proxy.host -Dhttp.proxyPort=portnum to the
CATALINA_OPTS in the catalina.bat file.

This still doesn't work.

I can write a standalone Java program that runs from the command line
with the same proxy settings, and it works just fine. But when I move
the same code into a servlet, the servlet can't access the network. So
http.proxyHost and so on are correct, but within Tomcat it doesn't work.

Since no one else is having this problem, it is likely that this is
something about the configuration of our network. If anyone can suggest
what might be causing this, I would have something that I could take to
the sys admins here.

Thanks.

Steven Gollery
sgollery@cadrc.calpoly.edu