Posted to dev@onami.apache.org by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org> on 2013/01/14 08:33:34 UTC

Building trunk

Hi,

1. cli

Building trunk from cli with 'mvn clean install' gives here:
Failed to execute goal on project
org.apache.onami.autobind.configuration:... Could not find artifact
org.apache.onami:org.apache.onami.parent:pom:1-incubating-SNAPSHOT in
apache.snapshots (http://repository.apache.org/snapshots) -> [Help 1]

Any reason why some modules depend still depend on version 1 of parent.
Why not having all trunk modules following the latest parent? If there
are any reasons to stay on version 1, at least that version 1 should be
available in the snapshot repo.

2. eclipse

I imported trunk in m2eclipse (latest version from eclipse.org) and got
some red cross on the pom.xml:
org.codehaus.plexus.archiver.jar.Manifest.merge(org.codehaus.plexus.archiver.jar.Manifest)

I bumped a failing module to use the 3-incubating-SNAPSHOT, commented in
that parent pom the maven-jar-plugin configuration (where it says to
build the MANISFEST.MF, and module became green. I had that kind of
issue on other projects with m2eclipse, so I guess this is more a bug on
the m2eclipse side. However, I think onami should play fine with m2eclipse.

As direct action to allow further hack in eclipse, what about bumping
all modules to 3-incubating-SNAPSHOT parent?

Thx, Eric

Re: Building trunk

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.
Salut mon ami,

> I am now up-and-running in eclipse with all modules heriting from parent
> trunk.
>
> Small detail: it would be greate if can commit the classical svn:ignore (I
> usually svn:ignore .* and target) on each of the modules (I'm quite fanatic
> of a clean workspace).

will do, I just realised that not in all module that dirs have been
ignored - I am by your side about keeping clean the SCM repo as much
as we can :)

thanks again for your priceless participation!
A+
-Simo

http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/
http://twitter.com/simonetripodi
http://www.99soft.org/

Re: Building trunk

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.
On 14/01/2013 11:00, Simone Tripodi wrote:
> Salut Eric,
>
>>> Wait before looking ONAMI-52, my workspace is now red (API change).
>>> Good opportunity for me to go into the src.
>
> I just fixed autobind-configuration, later I will reply to all other
> emails - thanks for contributing!

Thx Simo.

Re: Building trunk

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.
On 14/01/2013 11:00, Simone Tripodi wrote:
> Salut Eric,
>
>>> Wait before looking ONAMI-52, my workspace is now red (API change).
>>> Good opportunity for me to go into the src.
>
> I just fixed autobind-configuration, later I will reply to all other
> emails - thanks for contributing!

Thx Simo.

I am now up-and-running in eclipse with all modules heriting from parent
trunk.

Small detail: it would be greate if can commit the classical svn:ignore
(I usually svn:ignore .* and target) on each of the modules (I'm quite
fanatic for a clean workspace).

Thx, Eric

Re: Building trunk

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.
Salut Eric,

Re: Building trunk

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.

On 14/01/2013 10:31, Eric Charles wrote:
> Wait before looking ONAMI-52, my workspace is now red (API change).
> Good opportunity for me to go into the src.
>
> That's why I don't like asking m2eclipse to ignore some errors, I'm not
> 100% sure of its state.
>
> Any idea to allow onami to be loaded from the first time in eclipse.

For the m2eclipse, there is now ONAMI-53 with a patch.
I will further look how to migrate autobind-configuration to
configuration trunk.
Thx, Eric

Re: Building trunk

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.

Re: Building trunk

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.

Re: Building trunk

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.
On 14/01/2013 10:26, Jordi Gerona wrote:
> I'm just having the same issue trying to build the trunk.
>
> Is there any Jenkins build taking care of this? I mean, building the
> project for the first time

That would mean removing the local mvn repo.
That's not done usually, except if we have a previous step wich rm -fr
~/.m2/org/apache/onami

Re: Building trunk

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.
Hola amigo!

> Is there any Jenkins build taking care of this? I mean, building the
> project for the first time

Yes, each component has a Jenkins job that publishes snapshots on the
ASF repository - you can find details on each pom, where metadata have
been set.

You can find the overview on the Onami tab[1]

HTH, hasta pronto!
-Simo

[1] https://builds.apache.org/view/Onami/

Re: Building trunk