Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Samir Shaikh (ex 444)" <ss...@worldres.com> on 2004/02/22 05:41:17 UTC

axis C++. Cannot load /usr/local/apache/libexec/libaxiscpp_mod.so into server

Hi all,

I am trying to set up Axis C++ on Linux 8.0. I am using apache1.3.x as the
webserver.

Using xerces2.5.0 as an xml parser compiling it from src.

I have built axis-c from source and the step 'make install' has created
libaxiscpp_mod.so in axis_c/bin directory.

I have added the following lines in my httpd.conf file: -

----
SetEnv LD_LIBRARY_PATH /usr/lib:/usr/local/lib:/lib/

LoadModule axis_module libexec/libaxiscpp_mod.so

<Location /axis>

SetHandler axis

</Location>
----

Now when I try to start up the server it throws the following error: -

[root@CORPDEV02 bin]# ./apachectl start
Syntax error on line 948 of /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/local/apache/libexec/libaxiscpp_mod.so into server:
/usr/local/apache/libexec/libaxiscpp_mod.so: undefined symbol:
_ZTIN11xercesc_2_214BinInputStreamE
./apachectl start: httpd could not be started
[root@CORPDEV02 bin]# cd ../libexec/
[root@CORPDEV02 libexec]# ls
libaxiscpp_mod.so  libaxiscpp_mod.so.0  libaxiscpp_mod.so.0.0.0

I have been out of touch with C++ for sometime... and it is showing ;).
Please help!..

Also: I dont know what to do specifically about this message, I get this
when I complete 'make install' for the last step in building axis_c.
Libraries have been installed in:
   /web/axis_c/bin

If you ever happen to want to link against installed libraries
in a given directory, LIBDIR, you must either use libtool, and
specify the full pathname of the library, or use the `-LLIBDIR'
flag during linking and do at least one of the following:
   - add LIBDIR to the `LD_LIBRARY_PATH' environment variable
     during execution
   - add LIBDIR to the `LD_RUN_PATH' environment variable
     during linking
   - use the `-Wl,--rpath -Wl,LIBDIR' linker flag
   - have your system administrator add LIBDIR to `/etc/ld.so.conf'

See any operating system documentation about shared libraries for
more information, such as the ld(1) and ld.so(8) manual pages.

Any help is truely appreciated.

TIA,

-Samir
--